Cumulative list of software updates and bugfixes in version 3
New features and software updates of version 3 as compared to version 2 are described in the bottom of this page.
Software updates in version 3.0.0610
- An error occurred when removing a condition that is not used (not linked to another element) but still visible in a diagram.
- When editing “new” elements in edit forms, the “remove” button shall be disabled; this is now ensured for all edit forms.
Software updates in version 3.0.0600
Version 3.0.0600 features the following software updates:
- Repair of serious bugs in version 3: failure of “update” function and “split” and “Separate Trunks” functions
- Scrolling of Barrier Diagram Display is improved; the scroll position remains in place after editing elements of the diagram
- “Invisible” “OR” gates are now always moved directly adjacent to the output condition, this avoids that 2 arrow heads may appear on the connection between the input and output conditions (please provide feedback if this feature needs to be made optional)
- The red boxes around empty “name” fields in the edit forms have been replaced by a kind-of-pink background of the fields, this makes the forms visually more “quiet”.
- The example diagrams in the installation package have been updated and improved. A fourth template has been added, featuring different coloring of barrier types (for passive, pro-active, hardware and procedural barriers)
- Checks have been added to avoid that logical elements can have the same input as output condition when using the “drag” feature.
Software updates in version 3.0.0530
Repair of the error version 3 that caused the program to fail when opening through clicking associated file types (*.sbmx) and when the user had downloaded custom terminologies.
Software updates in version 3.0.0510
- All consequences (also those being initiating conditions in other diagrams) are now visible in the “consequence table” and risk matrix (if severity has been assigned).
- Applying “Auto Layout with Measures” enables the “Save” button.
Software updates in version 3.0.0500
- The function “Auto Layout with Measures” has been rewritten and is expected to provide reasonable lay-outs for most diagram designs.
- It is now possible to quantify diagrams that make use of “preventive barriers” (barriers connected on the left-hand side of initiating events) without the need to use “dummy” initiating events. Of course, the probability of function on demand of the preventive barriers is not include in the quantification (because there is no “demand” in the diagram).
- Correction of a non-fatal bug introduced in version 3 related to closing projects with diagrams exceeding the size of the canvas.
- Disabling the option of showing consequences with risk matrix colors if there is no matrix defined.
Software updates in SafetyBarrierManager version 3.0.0100 since version 2.1
Export to HTML / SafetyBarrierIViewer
The results of SafetyBarrierManager can now be exported to an HTML file with image files to show and share the diagrams and all data tables using ordinary browsers. The files can be directly uploaded to an internet page (Nicestsolution offers pages under the safetybarrieriviewer.duijm.dk domain, see the pricelist and upgrade policy for details). The diagram has the same functionality as the SafetyBarrierManager windows app, so elements on the graph are clickable to display the underlying information in the panel below the diagram. The diagram can be zoomed and showed on full page.
One can switch between views with/without displaying probabilities, dependencies between barriers, and Risk Reducing Measures.
All tabular information from the SafetyBarrierManager windows app is available including risk matrix and analysis of Critical Events and Consequences.
It is now possible to draw barrier diagrams by drag-and-drop using new buttons in the toolbar. The diagram is now centred in the diagram display, so new elements (conditions, barriers, gates) can be placed all around the existing diagram. Especially the possibility to draw links between elements will be an enhancement as compared to the “old” way of selecting links to/from conditions via drop-down lists, especially for large projects with many conditions.
New options for displaying event trees
There are new possibilities for customizing the way event trees are displayed, so they look more like how other tools present event trees.